For main operation ALL the following Zeus Regulations will be mandatory, however for Zeusing mini OP’s, these are going to be courtesies. If you are not zeus certified, you will not be able to zeus main operations. Keep in mind, a Zeus is not the player's enemy, but trying to create a scenario in which the players will try to execute while having a serious but fun experience. This is not your personal playground, you are dealing with people so be realistic.
-2LT T. Blackhawk
Google Doc link for this guide - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AGtlCmH8MyC7TCDSBsuq3UW7ABAF1gV9Ed2Ss0wDOBU/edit#heading=h.pgj3rvet5mlc
Don't ever log into MCC unless you absolutely know what you are doing, and get certification by 2LT T. Blackhawk for MCC. MCC can break server scripts and even crash the server with just a simple bad spawning of a zone so don't ever log into it. This is a completely different certification than zeus. Just because you are zeus trained, does not mean you can MCC a mission so don't try it.
Pre-spawn the bulk forces before the operation starts
Spawn AI - Set AI skill - Set AI to Safe - Set AI to Walk - Set AI to Defend only ( this will auto change when shots get fired or loud sounds)
Never spawn anything deadly within 350m of any player
Be sure to check AI skill to make sure they are not OP
Never spawn module fire support upon any players
Never spawn mines within 500m of any player.
Double click for (usually the MCC edit object )
Shift Double click for the Zeus edit ( recommended unless you have script )
Generally all static weapons are OP
Ammo cooking off from ammo boxes
Mines are fun but be wary that an entire op can end from one mine ( Use mines in confined spaces thats are not going to kill the entire platoon with just one )
Always remember that their lives are completely at your mercy, so roleplay and never force action such as script capturing someone, or not letting stealth play a factor in an OP.
Obviously don’t ever target anybody out of hatred or just purely for pleasure of killing them since they upset you or something. This unit is family, leave that crap at the door or get out this unit.
Adding inventory objects to ammo crates, vehicles and stuff.
Spawning groups don't work , so spawn individuals of the group you want and group them up and copy and paste them where you want them.
Sometimes the mission turns ai skill to 100% for some reason so be sure to check it
1. Zeuses have more health than average player so when you control one you are more OP than the average player so don't intentionally PVP. Always shoot for non lethal if you have to fire. Also no grenade throwing as zeus to intentionally harm them, let AI do that.
1. Is it balanced?
2. Is it well paced?
3. Is it creative?
4. Are people enjoying it?
5. Are they doing well?
6. Are they going to slow ?
7. Are they going to fast?
8. How will you spread the word americans are coming?
9. Is what I spawned potentially going to go crazy and kill everyone?
10. Do I have a decent storyline?
11. What assets am I allowing them to have?
12. Am I really the right person to trust, for having all these poor souls at my mercy???
13. Is my cookbox spawned?
14. Am I being to annoying?
15. What can I do to make this more interesting?
16. Is my patrols set?
17. Is my mission dynamic or scripted?
18. Can they do this mission with hardly any combat if they do it right?
I will briefly tell you what every single zeus module does and its faults. Learning how to execute them will be taught in zeus training. Remember just because you are trained in zeus does not mean you can use MCC.
1. Defend area - this will set the AI to patrol and garrisons buildings as well ( only temp)
2. Global AI skill - This will allow you to change the AI skill obviously. (By default it will be 50%, If its at 100% change it back, that's a bug that happens often)
3. Patrol Area - Self explanatory
4. Search Area - Self explanatory
5. Search Nearby Building - Ai will search the nearest building (looks cute)
6. Suppressive fire - Not recommended unless you don't expect the ai to survive long
1. Toggle Captive - Restrains Ai ( Never use on players unless rp purposes where you did not have ziptie )
2. Toggle Surrender - Forces the AI to raise arms ( Never use on players )
1. Assign Medic - Self explanatory ( Works on INF )
2. Assign Medical facility - Self explanatory ( Works on Buildings/Objects )
3. Assign Medical Vehicle - Self explanatory
4. Heal - Full ACE heal
5. Injury - Allows you to fully edit person's bodily functions from heartbeat to wounds.
6. Toggle Unconscious - Knocks someone out ( Never use on players )
1. Add Spare Track - Self explanatory ( ACE CARGO )
2. Add Spare Wheel - Self explanatory ( ACE CARGO )
1. Add Full Arsenal To Object - Self explanatory
2. Add/Remove FRIES - Add or Remove fast rope insertion/extraction system ( Does not work with unsung )
3. Group Side - Changes the entire group of the selected personal’s, faction ( Blufor, Opfor , INDI, or Civ )
4. Remove Arsenal From Object - Self explanatory
5. Teleport Players - Teleports players individually or groups included
6. Toggle Simulation - NEVER EVER TOUCH
7. Update Editable Objects - Don't use this add feature ( use the one under modules/Zeus, Add/remove editable objects )
1. Ambient Animation - Lets you add a cool animation to someone , such as lean on wall or something ( Don't use on players )
2. Change Abilities - Advanced AI setting ( Don't use unless you make a boss AI that's suppose to be like a juggernaut or something )
3. Change Altitude - Don't generally work but self explanatory. ( Its alt above sea level )
4. Chatter - Click on an AI with it , and use it to talk through him in text chat.
5. Garrison Building ( Instant ) - Forces the AI to be Teleported into defensive positions ( Around buildings or in them )
6. Have A Seat - Click on Chair with module , then click the AI you want to sit and press enter ( Do not use on Players
7. Patrol/Loiter - Use on helicopters or airplanes (AI ONLY)
8. Search & Garrison Buildings - AI’s version of playing Swat 4 ( The clear a building and garrison)
9. Search Building - AI will search nearby building
10. Set Suicide Bomber - Sets AI to suicide bomber ( manual Edit to your liking )
11. Un-Garrison - Ai will slowly move out of building/defensive pos.
1. Butterflies - Spawns butterflies
2. Goats - Spawns goats
3. Poultry - Spawns poultry
4. Seagulls - Spawns Seagulls
5. Sheep - Spawns sheep
1. Add Full Arsenal - Self explanatory
2. The rest you should not use since you are not going to need them anyways
1. Play Music - Plays music ( NEVER USE! IT'S ANNOYING )
2. Play Radio Message - Cool if you don't like talking
3. Play Sound - Ambient sounds like alarms and stuff that plays in the surrounding area
1. Damage Buildings - Self explanatory ( laggy in mass )
2. Lock Doors - Self explanatory
3. Toggle Lamps - You can use this to turn off lights at night
1. NEVER TOUCH ANYTHING IN HERE!!!
1. Advance Weather Change - Primary weather changer ( Always do transition smooth )
2. Earthquake - Self explanatory ( laggy )
3. Post-Process - Changes the visual theme of the map
4. Set date - Don’t use since we can't go below 1982
5. Skip time - Skips time to whatever you want
6. Time Acceleration - Makes the time go faster or slower
7. Weather - Secondary weather change. ( The simple version )
1. Don't use these since it's for vanilla
1. 155 mm Howitzer - Spawns large arty shell to fall upon the place you click
2. 230 mm Rocket - Spawn large rocket that is really a cluster bomb
3. 82 mm Mortar - Spawns a small mortar shell to add scenery
4. Advance CAS - Put on a AI aircraft to attack the CAS target ( have to place a “create cas target module” before use )
5. Artillery Fire Mission - Put on AI arty piece to fire upon arty target ( Have to place a “create artillery target module” before using this )
6. CAS- Bomb Strike - Lets you pick a plane to bomb with (pick one with bomb load and it almost always drops 50m short )
7. CAS- Gun and Missiles - Self explanatory
8. CAS- Gun Run - Self explanatory
9. CAS - Missiles Strike - Self explanatory
10. Create Artillery Target - Creates a target for the “Artillery fire mission” module ( extremely Accurate )
11. Create CAS Target - Creates a target for the “Advance CAS” module ( little wonky )
12. Create Suppression Target - Creates target for “Suppressive fire” module
13. Suppressive Fire - Place on AI to have them fire towards the suppressive fire target
1. DO NOT TOUCH
1. DON'T TOUCH ( Wonky )
1. Attach to - Glues an object to it but stays where it is until primary object is moved.
2. Change Height - Changes ALT from ground level
3. Create IED - Self explanatory ( edit at your discretion )
4. Enable/Disable Simulation - Dont touch
5. Equip with IED Jammer - Use on vehicles to jam IED’s
6. Make Invincible - use on objects or vehicles to make it invincible
7. Transfer Ownership - Don’t Touch
1. Change Side Of Player - Changes side of player or group ( AI included )
2. Create Teleporter - Creates flag that you can use to teleport to another flag teleporter flag
3. Punishment - Makes a person do pushups or squats ( no need for using this )
4. Teleport - Primary module for teleporting people and groups
1. Don't use since it's not unsung compatible
1. Loadouts - Don't use
2. Players (BLUFOR) - Respawn point for players on BLUFOR faction
3. Players (Civilian) - Respawn point for players on civilian faction
4. Players (Independent) - Respawn point for players on independent faction
5. Players (OPFOR) - Respawn point for players on OPFOR faction
6. Vehicles (BLUFOR) - Respawn point for vehicles of BLUFOR faction ( Have to make that vehicle respawn script )
7. Vehicles (Civilian) - Respawn point for vehicles of civilian faction.
8. Vehicles (Independent) - Respawn point for independent faction
9. Vehicles (OPFOR) - Respawn point for OPFOR faction
1. Briefing - Creates information in the briefing of the map
2. Countdown - Don't use (We love our debriefs)
3. Create/Edit Intel - Create intel to spawn for storyline and stuff
4. End Scenario - Don’t use
5. Respawn Tickets - Don't use
6. Scenario Name - To brag and give credit to yourself
1. Advanced Composition - Don't Touch
2. Mines/Explosives - Creates minefield
3. Spawn Effect - Cool nifty things to add logistical stuff like a light source or tracers flying in the air.
4. Submarine - Spawns a non usable sub ( don’t use )
5. Trawler - Spawns a Small fishing ship ( don’t use )
6. USS Freedom - Spawns a carrier ( don’t use )
1. Static Radio - Spawns a static radio you can plop down and people can hear it ( edit its channels and volume )
1. Add/Remove editable Objects - Primary module for adding editable objects to zeus ( For your own sake and not lagging out don't add all objects )
2. Arsenal - Adds arsenal to object selected ( cannot remove )
3. Hide Zeus - Self explanatory
4. Hint - type in a message for everyone to see at top right in black box.
5. Promote to Zeus - Gives someone zeus power to help
6. Remote Control - Remote control AI
7. Switch Side Channel Of Zeus - Allows you to change side channel to spy on peoples chats
8. Switch unit - Makes an AI your primary character ( Not recommended )
9. Zeus Lighting Bolt - Scares the Jezeus out of people